Jorg Thuijls | Resume
Holcim Jan 2012 — April 2016
Enterprise Technology Manager
Holcim is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and developers of concrete and concrete related products. They run a wide variety of SAP systems such as ECC, PI, Portal, BW, Business Objects, Solution Manager, GRC and using related technologies like Adobe Document Services, SAP Gateway, SAPUI5, Smartforms and WebDynpro.
As SAP Technology Manager I contribute by designing and implementing automated solutions to improve efficiency that best suits business needs, with the help of my team. These can be custom applications, integrating third party (cloud-based) solutions or combinations of these.
My last milestones were in developing a mobile strategy for Holcim Australia, and create mobile- and portal applications with Phonegap using SAPUI5 / OpenUI5 and integrate them using SAP Gateway.
Other activities include:
- Manage a team of 3 highly skilled developers
- Coordinating development efforts of all developers in: standard ECC, PI, Workflows, SAPUI5, Gateway, Portal, WebDynpro, front-end frameworks and various middleware.
- Assisting architects in making sound decisions in landscape or application design across various platforms
- Projects developing RICEF in ABAP, ABAPOO
- Occasional side projects in random languages or technology as required.
- Integration projects with both in house applications as well as cloud solutions like SalesForce.com
- Keeping track of development timelines and budget
Holcim Nov 2010 — Jan 2012
Late 2010 Holcim Australia commenced with a re-implementation its entire IT landscape after separating it from CEMEX, its parent company. At the height of the project we had over 20 SAP developers working on this, which I coordinated. My responsibilities as the only developer in permanent employ included:
- Writing technical specifications
- Developing programs in ABAP, ABAPOO and WebDynpro.
- Modifications such as User exits, BADi implementations, screen enhancement
For the re-implementation project itself, I had some additional tasks such as:
- Tracking and prioritizing incoming specs, track current developments in progress
- Making sure overall quality of code is up to today’s standards and representing Holcim’s best interest in a contractor dominated environment
ATOS Origin Jun 2008 — Sep 2010
SAP Netweaver Consultant
ATOS Origin is a large global IT Consultancy firm, containing among other things The Netherlands’ then-largest SAP consultancy group. My work was divided between BASIS and development as a Technology generalist. A few of my assignments in that time were:
- Reverse engineering of an existing but ill-behaving tool built in ABAP with no existing specifications.
- Third line Development Support
- BW and Oracle upgrade, Unicode conversion
- Implementations of SAP MII, SAP GRC, Atrion Compliance Engine
ICTopus Sep 2006 - Jun 2008
Through ICTopus I received an intense, in depth overview of all SAP modules and area’s including ABAP, XI/PI. I also passed my ITIL certification exam.
After that I started as an intern with Philips Healthcare, manufacturer of large medical devices such as MRI’s and CAT scanners, maintaining their SAP landscape as a BASIS resource:
- Hardware replacement project
- Conversion projects
- Support packs
- Non-business critical development in ABAP
- Daily maintenance such as maintaining transports / TMS, EDI and workflow monitoring, short dump analysis and more.
Seacon Jun 2005 - Aug 2006
Season is a large logistics partner for many international companies in the south of The Netherlands, responsible for container shipments coming in through Dutch and Belgian ports into the rest of Europe. Container shipments were done either by truck or by rail.
My role as analyst was to collect and interpret daily sales and shipments before presenting them to management in easy to understand reports. During my time at Seacon I automated most of my job.
- ITIL Certification
- Safety Management Training
- Management Course at the Australian Institute of Management
- SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP certification
- CHRONICLE for SAP
- SAP MII functional training
- SAP ADM110, SAP ADM315, SAP ADM325
Bachelor of IT Sep 2000 — Aug 2005
Hogeschool Zuyd, The Netherlands
In 2005 I graduated with a Bachelor of IT from Hogeschool Zuyd, Maastricht (The Netherlands). The degree included courses in project management, data management and analysis, process design, application design and development.
I speak several languages:
- Dutch – native
- English – fluent
- German - proficient
I try to divide my spare time equally between a few of my passions: Playing guitar, rock climbing and squash. Next to riding my bicycle on my daily commute, climbing and squash keep me happy and fit. Making music is my main creative outlet and I spent liberal amounts doing all of the above. I am not a couch potato.